Tēnā koe. Pehea ana koe? Hello how are you? Te wiki o te reo Māori starts on the 9th September to 15th September 2019. This means that during this week the Māori language is concentrated on. Celebrating the revitalization of te reo Māori. The theme is Kia Kaha te reo Māori which means Make the Māori Language Strong! So today’s blog I will give you some ideas to make your week tumeke-awesome.
- Encourage friends and family to use te reo Māori
- Use te reo Māori throughout the day even if it is Kia Ora 10x
- Put up signs around the house so you can all learn the different words for things.
- Print out some posters here Kia-Kaha-Posters-2019-Colour-A4
- Learn your mihi and share with others.
- Make a cloak using Māori words on the paper feathers hang where all can read.
- Invite people over and talk in te reo Māori for the afternoon/evening.
- Join a group/wānanga to learn te reo Maōri with others.
- Decide to learn one sentence per day and use it, by the end of the week you will have 7 new te reo Māori sentences to use.
- Encourage the use of karakia before meal times
- Learn a waiata.
- To get some more ideas and downloads for the house or classroom visit the te wiki o te reo Māori website here.
I hope that you have a fun week and maybe you could place a comment to tell me what you got up to. Kia pai to ra.